Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Great Chiro Appointment!

Went to Dr. Jones - my chiropractic physician today.  He spent almost a full hour and a half working on me!  And some new things than normal.  He noticed how tight my shoulders were so he took a metal tool that looks like a thin, smooth version of a brass knuckle and rubbed my upper back with that to release the muscles.  He used some Icy Hot type stuff with it.  It felt great and he said that with this technique some bruising is not uncommon.

When he adjusted my neck, it popped great!!!  Then he really spent a lot of time trying to adjust my lower back/hips as well.

Then he put me on a new machine (one of his patient calls it the hug).  It has several straps like seat belts that can be adjusted.  First he wrapped one around my waist and then one around each shoulder to pull my shoulders back.  Once I was there, he did exercises to strengthen my neck and get it used to this "new" aka. correct position.

Next he strapped in my hips with two straps and had me bend over toward my toes.  I did a few exercises this way as well, to reduce the strain on my lower back and the pain I get when bending over.

The last thing on this machine is a turned around and he had the two straps still in place and I bent backwards and did the stretching exercises to also reduce my lower back pain (this and the other pain are in slightly different spots and caused by different things).

Then we went over to the decompression machine that he usually uses on my neck, but instead he decided to stay focused on my lower back.  More straps around my waist and chest and the decompression machine worked on stretching my lower back/hips.

While I was there he put in a few acupuncture needles.

I ended with the electricity on my lower back.

All in all, it felt great and he thinks that the way my hips "rolled" is effecting my neck and causing my head to overcompensate by positioning my head too far forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment