Thursday, April 26, 2012

My Cave

I found that one of the extremely important things is to have a comfy place to sleep - both to get a good night sleep every night, and to sleep during migraine time.

I have room darkening window curtains from JCPenney's?  These are great because I get super light sensitive during migraines and this keeps the light out!!! Hense the term "my cave".  I can never tell what the weather is like (sunny, dreary, cloudy, etc.) before I actually open the curtains.

I bought a Dream Therapy Memory Foam from Kohls.  Mine is only 1.5 inches think - thin enough to still fit under my sheets, but think enough to provide extra comfort.  I am a side sleeper so this helps me keep my shoulders under me (instead of sliding them slightly forward or backward) and still be comfortable enough because they have somewhere soft to go.

I also have 3 pillows to pick and choose from depending how my neck is feeling and how much support I need.  First I have a firm contour pillow.  Next I have a medium U-shaped pillow that is great for keeping the back and neck alighned.  We bought this at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20. Third I have a soft regular pillow.  I normally use the U-shaped pillow, but depending on the night, I may use a different one, or switch during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment